Occasional Thoughts

from an overly ambitious costumer

Monday, August 25, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Rachel and Joey Wood


Well, I did it. I went and I didn't let my unfounded jealousy take over. Maybe only for a few moments here and there but overall I actually enjoyed myself. To be quite honest, it was the most fun wedding I have ever been to. And the ceremony was beautiful too, not only visually but meaningfully as well. Too bad I'm Catholic and have to have a priest officiate because I would have Uncle John preside over my wedding any day. ;) I have never been to a ceremony that was filled with so much love and reverence for the two people about to become husband and wife; and so much respect for the meaning of marriage.

I don't know how to make this next part come out right but I'll give it a whirl. It was wonderful to be a part of a wedding that had next to nothing to do with religion or God. That's not to say that God wasn't there or mentioned because he was. Perhaps more so than if it were all about the religious aspect. This truly was a celebration of two people's love for each other, their commitment to one another. Is that not the purest form of God's love? Why muddle it up with all the heaviness and pressure that comes along with religion? I don't know what else to say other than that was the most beautiful ceremony I have ever been to and the only ceremony I have physically felt the love radiating from everyone present.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Wood.

No comments: